An Ode to the Page

I measure progress by the page

With my pulse racing at every page-turning

Somehow consciously counting the time

left until deadline, sharply set



The page looks at me innocently

having no idea at all what it's doing to me

the internal battle, the decision made for every thought

it looks on pretending to be clueless



The page I cover shall belong to the past

The present adjudicated where the bookmark lies

while the next pages remaining a mystery until read

that is how i proceed living with the pages



Each flip marks a transition, oft-filled with contradictions

Some ideas welcomed, some rejected, others still on trial

even long after the pages have all been covered

it is an ongoing project of reading



Sunday, November 7, 2010

2:37am

Tokyo, Japan

Comments

Popular Posts